- Home » Talent Initiatives » Diversity (Women in Technology Careers) »
- The Challenge
- The ICT sector has struggled to attract young women. Engineering and computer science have remained largely male fields of study in Canadian universities.
- Many young women in high schools believe that ICT companies would not be places where they would want to work.
- The top 10 Canadian ICT companies have an average of 16.5% female representation.
- The ICT sector has typically trailed behind other sectors, such as financial services, in terms of board gender diversity in Canada.
- There are few women board members to serve as role models.
- ICT companies tend to be smaller and newer entities, which presents particular challenges.