Cybersecurity Talent Alliance – A National Voice for Cybersecurity
TECHNATION’s Cybersecurity Talent Alliance (CTA) provides national leadership and guidance on the development of a sustainable cybersecurity ecosystem – including the creation of accelerated learning programs, career pathways and collaborative initiatives – to close the talent gap across Canada.
A secure digital nation, capable of advancing Canada’s economic prosperity and national security through innovative cybersecurity education, training, and awareness, presented on a graduated scale that addresses the full spectrum of cybersecurity talent needs now and especially in the future.
CTA will provide a platform and ecosystem of cybersecurity education, training and workforce development, and enhance the overall cybersecurity talent and skills position of Canada.
- Stimulate the development of strategies, approaches, and techniques to more rapidly increase the supply of qualified cybersecurity workers
- Nurture a diverse learning community through creative efforts that increase the number of underrepresented populations in the cybersecurity workforce
- Inspire cybersecurity career awareness, stimulate exploration, and enable preparedness with students in K-12
- Provide support to organizations to address market demands by providing tools and techniques that enhance recruitment, hiring practices, development and retention of cybersecurity talent
- Publish and raise awareness of the Canadian cybersecurity workforce framework and encourage its adoption
- Facilitate research and foresight to identify and analyse data sources that support projecting present and future demand and supply of qualified cybersecurity workers
Role of CTA Members
Alliance members are a non-voting governance body who volunteer their time to support the TECHNATION Cybersecurity Skills Initiative. Members contribute to the success of the initiative by providing informed guidance and input on the draft deliverables, as well as offer outreach and support on program activities across the Member’s organization and professional network. CTA members represent a wide array of organizations that benefit or work in partnership to achieve the CTA goals.
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Sectoral Initiatives Program