Through generous support from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), ITAC Talent has launched a three-year expansion initiative for BTM to greatly increase enrolments and graduates and to help meet industry’s current and anticipated demand for these professionals.
The strategy for expansion includes
- Expand the number of BTM programs to over 50 across Canada by 2017
- Build a prioritized list of National Occupational Standards (NOS) for BTM as a framework for professional education and career development
- Professionalize the BTM sector through program accreditation, professional certification and a BTM Association for professionals
- Create national brand awareness of BTM and its importance to bridging the skills gap through a broad range of national marketing activities and special events.
The results of program expansion
ITAC Talent’s expansion of BTM to over 50 programs by the end of 2017 will expand benefits for industry and students by:
- Increasing enrolments through broader educational pathways for students at colleges, polytechnics, graduate schools and through continuing education programs for existing professionals seeking advancement or skills upgrading
- Identifying evolving roles, new hybrid careers and niche specialties within the talent market and incorporating them into BTM programs to better address growth areas such as digital media, cyber security, project management and entrepreneurship.
ITAC Talent’s BTM expansion will lead to broader recognition of the BTM and position the program as a distinctive and attractive education opportunity for Canadian students, career changers, educators and employers.
The expansion will result in better availability of high leverage skill sets to employers and the Canadian economy.