BTM Infographic (Click to View)
A career in tech offers more opportunities than many other fields. But you can still say yes to opportunities in tech and study the fields you love.
Today’s hot tech careers are mashups. They are no longer just about computer science or programming and can combine anything you passion with technology. Think of:
- Mashing up tech with other fields like health care, entertainment, finance or the environment.
- Creative arts and tech mashups like game design, mobile apps design and social media marketing.
- Core tech mashups like security, networking, and data analysis.
- Mashing up tech with business and leadership skills is in high demand because all companies and organizations rely on technology every day.
Facts about tech careers
- Very low unemployment – The rate in tech is 3% for people under the age of 25.
- Good pay – Tech pros have some of the best-paid jobs available, and it’s getting better all the time! Technology pros make an average $74,000. Statistics Canada (LFS)
- Tech needs young people – Today, only 1 out of every 20 tech jobs are held by youth.
- Unemployment rate between 12 to 15% for people under the age of 25.
- The average salary in Canada in 2014 was $49,000.
- One out of every 7 jobs held by youth below 25 in the overall economy.
University studies in Business + Technology + Management
Since 2009, ITAC Talent has been working with post-secondary institutions across Canada to create Business Technology Management programs.
Today, business and technology go hand in hand. These BTM programs provide a blend of training in essential business and technology skills.
You will learn:
- A real understanding of organizations and the world of business
- The techniques – like business design and project management – to make change happen
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and leadership skills
- A keen understanding of how best to use technology to improve all the above
- Practical skills to put it all together to lead projects
- Learn more about BTM programs