BTM Student Team Criteria:
• Each School will decide on its own process of Choosing the Top BTM Students to represent their school
• Team size to be between 2 to 5 students
• The Length of the Program doesn’t matter, only that the students are in the last year of their program and meeting the required Learning Outcomes.
• Program Name doesn’t have to be labelled as a “BTM Program” but must meet the required Learning Outcomes
• Schools to Identify Students who will compete in the competition by November 14th 2016. (Note: Schools with no final year students in the Fall will pick their team by January 31st 2017)
National BTM Student Competition (February 2017)
Thank you for your generous support!
|1st Place Sponsor||2nd Place Sponsor||3rd Place Sponsor|
Blog Competition (November 2016) Details
Blog Competition Summary
As an early preparation for the main competition taking place in February 2017, participating BTM Student Teams will compete in a Blog Post Competition in November 2016. The Teams will have one week to provide a short Blog post response to the Blog Post Competition question, which will then be featured on the IT World Canada website. The teams will have two weeks to promote their submission, with 50% of their final score being based on web traffic to their post, and 50% of the final score based on Editorial Criteria, determined by the ITWC Editorial Judging Board. The team with the highest final score will win this Blog Post Competition and $1,000 for their team!
This Competition Prize is generously being Sponsored by FDM Group. FDM Group is a professional services provider with a focus on IT. FDM’s business model is both unique and robust, bringing people and technology together. FDM has firmly established itself as a leading IT employer in numerous locations around the world. Learn more about FDM group at www.fdmgroup.com/ca.
• Mon Nov 14 2016 – Deadline for Schools to Submit Participating Students
• Mon Nov 21 2016 – Blog Question Released
• Mon Nov 28th 2016 – Blog Submissions Accepted and Posted on ITWC Website
• Tues Dec 13th 2016 – Competition Ends – Blog Competition Winner Determined
Winner Selection Criteria
• 50% of score: Web Traffic to Blog Post
• 50% of score: Editorial Criteria – Determined by ITWC Editorial Judging Board
• Grammar (30)
• Number of primary sources of information cited by the blog (25)
• Relevant and interesting reaction to the question issued (20)
• Use of rich media such as photos or video in addition to blog text (15)
Note: Students must have copyright ownership of any images or video they want to use in their blog posts. Public domain material is also acceptable.
• Uniqueness of voice defined by the tone and style (10)
Total score (100)
Note: Editorial Criteria counts for 50% of Final Score
Blog Post Topic:
“Autonomous cars: Good or bad?”
Other Important Information
• Blog Post submissions are accepted in English, French, or Both.
• Blog Post submissions should be approximately 600 words
• Professors/Schools Reps can provide general guidance, however the Students will determine on their own exactly what they will write about and the arguments that they would like to make.